These are the things I think are important and would strive to promote if I was elected to Council next year…
- A region that values the rich traditions and diversity of all its residents.
- A region of safe communities based on caring relationships between families.
- A region that fosters innovation, enterprise, the creative sectors and scientific discovery.
- A region that nurtures well-educated young people and leaves no one behind.
- A region that is a magnet for young families and values the contributions of older people.
- A region that will leave the natural environment better than we found it.
- A region that is committed to ensuring housing, energy and healthy food are affordable and that supports families to manage their finances wisely.
- A region that understands the importance of increasing the economic productivity and sustainability of agriculture, horticulture and forestry.
- A region that promotes the use of cycling and walking for most people making short journeys.
- A region that is well connected with the rest of the planet through low-cost, high-speed, internet access.
- A Council that encourages public participation in decision-making.
- A Council that is able to keep any rates increases at (or below) the rate of inflation while still providing quality services and infrastructure.