I have been talking to lots of people lately about what kind of place we want Gisborne to be.
This is the kind of Gisborne that I want to live in :
– GISBORNE as a model for the country and the world, demonstrating how people from different cultures can live together, accept each other and celebrate our ability to achieve great things as a united community
– GISBORNE attracting world class scientists, artists, athletes and entrepreneurs who together create new knowledge, new understanding and new products for the benefit of people here and across the globe
– GISBORNE developing carefully to ensure housing is affordable for both our elders and young families, where rates make up no more than 50% of Council income and debt is no longer a burden
– GISBORNE as the most sustainable city in the world – producing safe high quality food, generating our own power and zero waste
– GISBORNE people knowing our neighbours, feeling safe and taking pride in the quality of our relationships
If elected to Council I will work hard for the benefit of every person living in this region – regardless of race, gender, religion or socio-economic status.
In many ways I represent the future of this country. Within me I hold on to the best of my European and Maori heritage.
As a father, husband and self-employed businessman, I know the importance of taking responsibility for myself and my family and for making a positive contribution to the community. I believe I have been a positive role model to other young people in our region.
Council needs to include a diverse range of people who understand the different communities that live and work in our district. I appreciate what is important to people with young families, so I have ideas about what is needed to get talented people to move back here.
People have said that I personify the potential of our region. I believe that every one of us have a crucial role to play – working together is the only way to realise the full potential of this great place we call home.
If you want people on Gisborne District Council who base their decisions on sound principles and good information, who can work well with a diverse range of people and who are committed to a united community, then please help me make a real difference.
Leave a Reply