From my submission on the 2007 Draft Annual Plan & LTCCP Review…
– That GDC increase the number of cycle lanes and include space for bi-cycles on all road bridges in the city.
– That GDC provide more incentives for people to use public transport and reduce reliance on private motor-vehicles within the city areas.
– That GDC provide more incentives for people to use bi-cycles and horses for transport in rural townships.
– That GDC adopt a goal of being a ‘Carbon Neutral’ region and develop an action plan to achieve this by 2012.
– That GDC adopt a goal of being a ‘Carbon Neutral’ organisation and develop an action plan to achieve this by 2010.
The future of humanity and a number of other species is threatened with extinction if we do not change our behaviour and it is the responsibility of community leaders to demonstrate through their influence and decisions a commitment to a sustainable future for present and future generations.
Leave a Reply